No motion detection or alerts

I have my rings setup correctly but neither are detecting motion nor alerting me. If I go to the device and pick it up or I’m right in front of it-I will get an alert and it will record, but so far only then. This is very frustrating. I watched my mail man come and it dis nothing.

Hey @Tsuyoi! There are various settings and adjustments that can be made to improve motion detection. Which model Doorbell do you have?

But im not even getting doorbell notifications so I have no idea when someone is ringing the front door.

I have the doorbell pro.

Sorry, thought id put in the subject that it is the notifications Im having problems with not the actual detection side of things.

Im having the same problems and no answers to help.

Hi @apollo4u22! If you are not receiving motion alerts, it’s best to ensure the Ring device is only by attempting a live view in the Ring app. Once the device is confirmed online, the next best step is to confirm motion is triggering by checking your event history for motion recordings. If motion is detecting and only alerts are not working, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device.

If there are not any motion event recordings and motion is not detecting, please double check your motion settings in the Ring app to ensure they are set to pick up motion. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’m also experiencing isses with getting not motion detection alerts. The lights still come on when the motion is detected but no longer are the cameras creating any alerts. The alerts worked just fine until around two weeks ago.

Hi @SandyRae! The best next thing to check is your event history. Motion events should log in your event history as long as they are being captured. Not seeing motion events in event history is an indicator that the Camera may be offline, and needs to be setup again. If there are motion events but no alerts, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. Going over all of your motion and device settings is always a good step as well! If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I do have lots of motion dection on multiple cameras - just no alerts. I’m uninstalling the app now and will re-install to see if that fixes the issue. Thanks!

1 Like