no longer recording everything

We have the spotlight camera set up at front door. During 30 day trial it worked perfectly. As soon as we bought the basic service, it stopped recording about 20% of the times. Ring service had no ideas.

Hi @karinPF! Are the recordings in your event history not viewable, or is it that motion is not capturing every event? When subscribed, your recent recordings should be viewable in the Ring app. If they are not playing back for you, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device.

If you feel events are being missed by motion, the best next step is to alter your motion settings and configure it to fit the area through trial and error. This will help to find the most optimal detection settings. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks. It’s not noticing motion/recording it sometimes. I just don’t know why it would suddenly start being a problem since we changed nothing. But sure, we can try resetting yet again.

We are always working to improve on current features and add to our app and devices. As we introduce new motion features such as People Only Mode and new motion engine upgrades, it’s always worth exploring the new options to see if motion can be optimized even more for your area. I recommend also checking out motion frequency, if you have a battery powered device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: