I cannot access live view on stick up cam. It is enabled in settings. This is very annoying. The problem just started the other day. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Doorbell cam works fine and two other stick up cams work fine as well (different location).
Same issue here the last 2 days. 1 camera cannot connect live view, the other one is fine. Have reset it, have tried removing and reinstalling , still not working
I have the same problem with the indoor cam, three other cams working fine. I see a lot of download traffic (18gb) last night from the indoor cam. All the movements arent assessable! Its a shame, paying 10 euro a month and cant rely on it!
Now motion detection doesn’t work on it. It did last night before bed (10 PM ET). I reset the cam. Nothing. ?
The same thing is happening to me. I tried to unplug my router, uninstall the app, then I tried resetting my camera. When I reset it, I put it on a different channel on my wifi, and it worked…for about a few hours. Now it’s back to not working. My doorbell is working fine. It’s really frustrating.
Hey neighbors! Please note that your Live View can be affected by many different factors, and therefore while multiple people may have a concern with Live View, you all could be having this concern for different reasons. Live View is normally affected from a poor wifi connection, reduction in upload speeds (or download, but upload is more common with Live View, and upload is normally much less than download available from your ISP if you do a speed test), low battery on the device, a high RSSI value, interference from the router, or the wifi connection in the home being used elsewhere (kids, family, friends or roommate using the internet or working from home). If you are experiencing more concerns than just Live View, you can try the steps, but it may be best handled with our support team if your device is not functioning as it should. Below I will list out all possible options you can try! I’ve collected this from other neighbors and my own personal experience.
Some neighbors have found relief to this concern by doing the following to their network:
- Switching networks for the device, whether this is from 2.4 Ghz to 5.0 Ghz (if possible for device/network to connect to)
- Switching from connection to a router to a mesh system/Chime Pro/extenders and vice versa
- Rebooting your router, ensuring that all ports and protocols are opened for the Ring devices
- Ensuring you have proper speeds. Lots of neighbors during this time have noticed slower speeds because of the current conditions and changes to at home life
- Disabling any VPNs
Some neighbors have found relief in this concern by doing the following to their Ring device:
- Completely reset the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds
- Removing the device (after saving any recordings you may need) and then re-setting the device up
- Testing Live View with device next to the router
- Ensuring device is fully charged
- Looking at Device Health and confirming RSSI is in acceptable range
Some neighbors have found relief in this concern by doing the following to their app:
- Disabling VPNs on the phone
- Removing the app, rebooting phone, reinstalling the Ring app
- Trying the Rapid Ring app
- Connecting to the app on wifi or mobile data only (testing whichever connection is not your normal)
- Updating app/OS software on phone
Please note that if you do not feel comfortable enough preforming any of these troubleshooting steps to see if you can get your Live View working again, you can always contact our support team directly. They can take a look into your account and device to determine what is really going on, and what factor may be at play here. Please feel free to come back to this thread and post your solutions that you have found for Live View! For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.
My spotlight cam hasn’t connected in a week. Ive tried every suggestion thrown at me. The wifi(wireless) is working fine. I have no idea as to whats going on. Anyone else going thru this headache?