No Live View

I have two Ring Stand Up Cams that are used in my grandmother’s apartment. For the past two weeks, neither camera will go into Live view and get stuck on “Activating Device.” We have tried everything, resetting the router, turning the wifi on and off, turning the cameras on and off, disconnecting and then reconnecting the cameras to the Ring App. Nothing has worked. Honestly, at this point, I feel like we need to ask for a refund since the cameras aren’t working and are therefore useless.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Hi there, @ringer7197. Great call on checking wifi connection variables and performing a new setup. The best test will be to trigger motion events and check the event history to see if these events recorded. This is a great way to confirm the devices are remaining online and able to communicate video on the network. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is also a great step. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device.

If this concern persists despite trying the above steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Will I get a refund for the cameras? They’re usually and reading other posts, looks like nothing fixes the issue