No live view on one of my Spotlight Cameras

I have two Spotlight Cameras and a Ring Doorbell. The Spotlight Cam. in the backyard just all of a sudden stopped showing Live video. I just purchased this camera within the last seven months and it had been working great. When the free montering period was over I lost Live View also. I can no longer click on the camera and see my backyard. The other two devices (Ring Doorbell and Driveway Spotlight cameras) that I pay for services for work fine. I have reinstalled the Backyard Camera but Istill get the same results, the device will not activate.

Hi @jlept! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As you mentioned your other Cameras working fine, there should not be any Ring app concerns, however, removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. In addition to wifi, power is also an important resource. If your Spotlight Camera is battery powered, please ensure the battery is fully charged. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like