Update on my previous post. I’m regularly having this problem, and the only thing that reliably works for me is this:
- Close the ring app completely. On iOS I load up all my apps and forcefully close it.
- Open the ring app and go to the settings for your camera/doorbell. Do NOT go to live view before doing this!
- Go to Device Settings -> Video Settings
- Turn off Live View
- Wait 5 seconds
- Turn on Live View
- Exit the app like in step (1). Make sure you forcefully close the app completely
- Open the ring app and go to live view. For what it’s worth, on this last step I wait a good couple of seconds after opening the app until I click on the camera/doorbell, then another second before I click on Live View.
There’s clearly a problem happening somewhere between the app and the device or cloud server. Ring should be prioritising looking at this, there is definitely an issue.