No lights on base station after update

I hooked up the base station and it was blue, then I connected it to the app and it started an update and now it’s been a week later and the app is still saying that it’s updating and there are no lights on my base station. Then I call tech support and I go through everything, including getting the verification code and then it hangs up on me. I’m very frustrated. I’ve been a fan of my ring doorbell cam for several years, but with this kind of service, I question their ability to protect anybody. I’ve seen so many people with the same problem and their only solution is to call support. Which I have. But they keep hanging up on me.

Hi @Kdeyarmin. If your Base Station is stuck updating, try the following steps:

• Reboot your Base Station by Quickly pressing and releasing the reset button at the back of the device with a paper clip or similar tool. DO NOT PRESS AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON DOWN LONGER THAN ONE SECOND TO AVOID FACTORY RESETTING THE DEVICE.

• Power cycle your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds and then reconnecting it. You will then reboot the Base Station again.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, you will have to attempt to contact our support team for the Alarm System for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have tried. And tried. I get disconnected after going through the verification process. Ring is the absolute worst company in the entire world. Everybody has problems with the base station and the only thing worse than your products is your customer support - which is non existent. Or you don’t want to hear problems from your customers because you can’t even fix the known problems. I wish I could return this crap and go with an actual legitimate company but I already threw the box away. Who knew brand new equipment wouldn’t work. But judging by the comments in this forum, it’s a major problem with your company. It’s a shame!! I am going to ensure you that I am telling everyone about my experience and hope that they go with another company.