No detection at night...car vandalised! Thats why i bought it!

I have a battery ring doorbell and its not detected any movement at night however my car was vandalised last night in full view of the doorbell!! Why did i bother buying it. :unamused:

1 Like

I have the same issue, after around 10pm it stops
recording and all the settings are correct. It’s driving me mad going over posts to find a reason for it.

2 Likes

We have same issue. Attempted car theft 2 nights ago & NO recording, what’s the point???

1 Like

Hi neighbors. I understand how important it is to protect your home and personal property. Unless you have disabled motion detection manually or within the Modes settings, your Ring Doorbell will detect motion that occurs within the drawn Motion Zones as long as it’s powered and connected to the wifi. The visibility at night may not be as good as during the day, so you may see a slight impact on the motion detection.

However, I’d recommend reviewing your Motion Zones and Motion Sensitivity if you find that some events occurring within the Motion Zones are not being detected. If you have a battery powered Doorbell, you will also have a Motion Frequency option. Lastly, neighbors with a Ring Protect plan will have access to Smart Alerts to further refine their motion detection. I always suggest testing things out with Smart Alerts enabled and disabled to see which way works better for your home.

One more thing to keep in mind is the positioning and angle of your Doorbell, as it is designed to detect and alert you to visitors at your door. Depending on the angle that your Doorbell is installed at, things farther from your front door may not be as reliably picked up from the motion detection. For more in-depth, one-on-one assistance with your device, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.