No Desktop Notifications

Now that the Desktop App has been disabled, I have tried to setup Push Notifications with ring.com. Referencing the support pages and tech-support everything is setup correctly but … I am not receiving any Notifications. The only answer support offers is “use your mobile device”! Which is not an answer for me.

I’m sure that AMAZON has a few developers who could support the old app, maybe with help from chatGPT.

Disappointed.

2 Likes

Hi @andre5006. Can you give us a little more information about this concern? What browser are you using? Have you tried any other browsers? Do you have a VPN on or any other security/firewall settings? Are you accessing this from your home or work? You can also try the troubleshooting steps listed in this Help Center article here.

I’m having the same problem as Andre. Macbook with lastest MacOS and Safari updates. No motion or ring alerts in Safari from my video doorbell. Also doesn’t work in Chrome. Or Edge. Or Firefox. I can see the doorbell cam in ring.com. I can go live, see history. I just get no motion alerts or ring alerts at all now.

The MacOS app worked fine and now forced to use ring.com and it just doesn’t work. No VPN. No firewall. At home. Been through all the troubleshooting tips. No change.

I called the Technical Team Hotline number. They admitted that it doesn’t work and but might be added ‘some day.’ Ring should at least update the documentation so I don’t waste hours trying to get it to work.

But this is deal killer for me. If I can’t get motion alerts to work on my macbook i need to find some other door cam device. Disappointing.

1 Like

Hi there. I have a MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.4, and I am able to get Motion Notifications for my devices. For this to work, be sure that you have a tab open with the Ring.com dashboard open. This Help Center article I shared should help you with any troubleshooting concerns you have.

People should simply not be having to mess around trying to tweak their systems to get their Ring equipment to work!

It’s bad enough the thing drops off the network whenever it feels like it unless it has a signal strength likely to burn holes in steel girders (and even then it still does sometimes). I missed an important delivery of frozen food this morning because it went offline overnight, requiring a reboot of several things - and it isn’t my equipment, because nothing else drops like that.

The loss of the desktop app was the final straw, as it was the only reason I had persevered.

1 Like

The trouble shooting tips don’t work, Tom,

They don’t work in Safari.
They don’t work in Chrome
They don’t work in Edge.
They don’t work in Firefox.

The Mac app worked fine.

1 Like

Hi Neighbors. Sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty getting notifications to work. You can reach out to our support team for assistance. Feel free to send us a message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I am having the same problem as Andre5006 and Skershaw. I disconnected and reconnected my internet, ensured that notifications were enabled on all devices and restarted my computer, still no notifications. Why did the desktop app have to be disabled, it worked fine. Now, not be able to utilize my equipment they way I should is not acceptable. I spoke to customer support today and told her everything I had done, she wanted me run downstairs, ring my doorbell, and run back upstairs to tell her what showed on my desktop. Kindly give information that will get the notifications to work or just enable the Desktop App.

“…just enable the Desktop App” Simple problem solved!

Two sessions with Support with no success.

FWIW I’m on Win10 Pro 64 bit using Chrome on my home network (FIOS Internet). All recent updates installed.

Same problem here! The ring doorbell just became a brick. Ill need to change for another service. Shame, the desktop app worked perfectly

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.