No “change WiFi network” option

Just changed my WiFi provider and am unable to connect to the new network as there isn’t the option to change it on the app where it should be?

Hi @claire.s90. You can change the wifi network from the Device Health screen for your Ring device. In the Ring App, tap the 3 lines in the top left to open the Main Menu > tap Devices > tap your Ring > tap Device Health > tap Reconnect to Wi-Fi and follow the prompts. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I am also having this problem. There is no option to Reconnect to Wi-Fi" in my android app.

Hi @redbaybound. If the steps shared above aren’t working, you can also simply walk through a new setup of your Ring device in the Ring App in order to connect it to your new wifi network. Go to Set Up a Device from the menu in the top left-hand corner and then select which device you have and follow the prompts. This will allow you to choose the new wifi network. :slight_smile:

This doesn’t work either because it says the unit is registered to someone else and the option to transfer unit says it’s unavailable

Hi @Adamsma290016. You need to be the registered owner of the Ring device and be signed into the account that the Ring device was originally set up under. I’d also recommend checking to make sure you’re not on a duplicate location by tapping the location name in the top center of the Ring app. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Did anyone figure this out? My app doesn’t have the option to switch wifi. Re setting up device doesn’t work either

1 Like

Hi @userraybo. What model Doorbell or Camera do you have? What type of phone do you have, and are the phone and Ring app up to date with the latest updates? What happens when you attempt a new device setup? Do you get any sort of error message? Are you set up as the owner of the Ring device and not a Shared User?

Same problem here, no option on the app to reconnect or change WiFi network.

When I try new device setup, it asks for QR code but I have older model with no QR code.

Hi neighbors. You can change the wifi network or reconnect your Ring device to wifi on the Device Health page in the Ring app. This will be under Devices > your Doorbell or Camera > Device Health, and the “Change Wi-Fi Network” option will be under the Network header. You may need to scroll down slightly on this screen. Please note that only the owner of a Ring device will see these options. A Shared User cannot change the wifi network or reconnect a device to wifi.

If you are the owner of the Ring Camera or Doorbell you’re trying to change the wifi network on, ensure you have the latest version of the Ring app installed and that any VPNs on your phone are disabled. Should you still not see the option, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further troubleshooting assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.