No alerts for Ring Doorbell 2 offline or low battery

I’ve had a Doorbell 2 for almost 3 years. It is entirely battery-powered. Most of the time I receive an alert when the battery is low – it used to be via email, more recently the alert has come as a notification from the app.

But every once in a while, I don’t receive any notification at all. Unfortunately, it’s usually several days before I realize the doorbell isn’t working. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for when I receive notifications and when I don’t. It would be nice if the notifications were reliable, and if Ring could send an alert when there’s been no signal from the doorbell for some period of time.

Has anyone else experienced this intermittent low battery notification issue? Is there anything that can be done about it?

My doorbell 3 is doing the same thing. I have reset it completely reconnected to WiFi and all. It is recorded the movement but isn’t sending the notifications. This isn’t a battery issue because my battery is at 97 percent and it is straight wired.

Are either of you using an Android phone? If so, what brand? Might just be a battery optimization issue. There are a few brands that cause issues.

I’m not I have an iPhone. And it was working fine until a few days ago. Not sure what has changed or exactly when.

I’m using an iPhone.

This has been an problem for me pretty much the entire time I’ve had the Ring doorbell.

Sometimes I get a low battery alert, sometimes I don’t. I thought it might be the battery so I replaced it but that didn’t resolve the issue.

Sometimes the doorbell just goes offline for no apparent reason (the battery is fine). I never receive alerts when that happens.

While I don’t know much about iPhones, I’m guessing there should be some battery optimization feature in them. This may cause the app to not work while it’s being stopped to extend battery life. Hopefully this helps you figure the issue out.

I have the same problem. I never would have purchased this device had I known that it still relies on the battery even though the door bell is hard wired to a 16 Vdc 30 VA transformer. It seems like a rookie engineering mistake at best :confounded:

Hey neighbors! You should certainly be receiving low battery notices for your battery powered devices once the battery reaches less than 30% charge. Check out ourhelp center article about low battery notices for more information on where you can find these indicators.

If this alert is not making it to you, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, as well as ensuring the connection signal strength is plenty efficient for quick delivery of these alerts. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I hear ya! I just got off the phone with Ring customer service/technical support that said they are “working on this issue”. But I see that your post is dated November 2020. It is now October 2023 and Ring still can’t figure out how to do this. I have missed too many deliveries because my device was offline or had a dead battery. Tech Support told me to check my Device Health “daily” to make sure this does not happen. Huh?! Ridiculous.

Hi @suzieinseattle. I’ve answered your post here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.