No alert for motion, ring working fine

I have a Ring Doorbell 2, I moved house recently and reinstalled it and my Chime at my new place.

I used to get alerted for Motion and for Rings, but now only Rings appear as notifications.

Everything appears in my app history as normal, but the actual notification for motion never happens.

I have checked the settings, I have notifications set up in the app and in IOS. I also deactivated Modes and motion zones just in case.

My chime is set to do nothing for motion.

I have deinstalled/rebooted/reinstalled, same problem.

Any ideas?

Hi @nickhamer. So to clarify, you receive alerts on your phone when someone rings the Doorbell but not when motion is detected? There are some troubleshooting steps for notifications specifically on iOS devices that you can find in our Help Center Article here. Give those a try along with ensuring your Ring App and phone’s OS are fully updated. If this problem persists, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further with you. Feel free to report back on what solution works or what our support team suggests as well. :slight_smile:

Spoke to support - they managed to get the motion alerts working by switching off people mode, then triggering a notification by walking infront of the doorbell. I then switched people mode back on again and the alerts are now working even with people mode on.

1 Like

I removed this post as the problem was figured out.