Night vision not working

Marley link isn’t working

SAME HERE!

Hi, this is a recent problem for us as well. Everything has worked fine since day 1 but today I realized that there hadn’t been any notifications or recordings between around 9pm and 6am for at least a week or so. It seems many others have this issue but no fix? Obviously if someone comes to your door in the middle of the night we want to make sure it’s being recorded.

Very frustrating that this is still an issue. Also the ring app will not let me fast forward recorded video. It just stops playing. Ring is really not doing well here!

Same here.
Since a few months, the ring doorbell stopped recording motions from 9pm to 8am.
Helllllooooooo RiNG, is anybody listening to this thread?

1 Like

One more to add to the list of no night motion detection, we look forward to an answer soon ring.

Thanks

Your suggestions don’t work

I have no night vision since Sunday, August 2, 2020. I did everything you mentioned from reset to turning power off and on. I haven’t changed anything since installing my cam two years ago. My scenery also hasn’t changed to cause the night vision not to work. During the day I have a pink haze on the right side of the screen. I inspected the device and see no film or crack on my cam.

I just got off the phone with RING and they can’t do anything except for me to get a replacement.

I read a customer comment, mentioned since getting a new app update their cam night vision went off line.

RING what’s going on? Is there a short life span for your devices? Very concerned ? customer…

Plz help find a solution to this issue.

I’m having same problem however, the angle idea might work, so I’ll give it a try

My Firware is not listed. All it shows is its UP to Date

Hi @SteveFam! Did the angling, or a power cycle, of your Video Doorbell work at all? The firmware sounds to be up to date, so if the previous mentioned steps didn’t work for you, our support team might be of assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@DIY-Hawaiian, as long as your device is within warranty, or you subscribed to a Protect Plus Plan while still within original warranty, our support team can help you with that replacement. As it sounds like you’ve covered many steps to resolve this, that may be the best solution.

Feel free to include a video example of your night vision/ video image during the day time and night time, to see what the Community might be able to recommend! :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m thrilled to tell you that my door video is working now. I had turned off/on the circuit, and Re-angled camera and it works perfect at night. I hope it works for everyone else.

1 Like

What did you come up with for did you fix the problem I have the same issue

Same has happned to me. This is nuts.

Same problem as everyone else here: works great during the day, doesn’t work at all (i.e., no motion detection) after dark.

I’ve tried to post a couple of pictures, not sure if it works or not.

The first is me standing on the porch 2 - 3 ft. from the Ring doorbell. Everything in the picture looks great, even the neighbor’s house across the street is clear.

The second is me standing just off the porch. It’s difficult to see, but I am there. In the picture everything is dark and indistinct. Though in the first picture you can tell the neighbor’s brick is a bit orange, in this second pciture you cannot even distinctly see the house.

The lighting is the same in both picutures: it’s dark outside and my porch lights are on.

I’m not sure when the problem started. When I first installed the doorbell a year or so ago, it picked up everyone passing by after dark. Now it doesn’t even detect me standing about 10 feet away.

Seems to me like an issue in their software.

It is still happening for me. I have given up on Ring (sic Amazon) fixing this. I am moving on to a different doorbell solution…one that actually works as advertised.

I had a ring doorbell pro. It was junk. Ring’s IT department, a wonderful lady named Rose, tried to help me out. She contacted me through Ring Community. Even sent me a corner kit for free. However, just problem after problem with video, going offline even though the doorbell was hardwired, and door bell ringing properly. I never did any serious research on the doorbell. However, I did research on a ring spotlight cam battery. I’ve had it up now for several months and have had zero problems with the device. Only complaint is, the night vision isn’t the greatest unless the spotlight is on. But still no problems at all with the night vision.

Re: Night vision not working

Re: Night vision not working

Same here