Night Vision not visible

Hi we have just got the ring doorbell 2. The motion is visible in day light but overnight we have notifications of motion but unable to view anything. We have gone into settings but there is no option for night vision? Any suggestions how we enable this feature please?

There is no option for night vision its just black and white, No colour or zoom, and i think you should be able to turn the volume down on the answer the doorbel gives out to the caller its too loud i feel !

Hi there, neighbors! You will find great interest in this Help Center article

Certain models of Ring devices have a night vision feature that allows you to see through the camera in low light conditions. By using infrared light, the camera can create a black and white image that is then beamed to the Live View in your app. By turning the color night vision feature on, the camera will use whatever ambient light is available to try and create a “false color” image in your Live View. This lets you get a better sense of what’s happening in the image by creating a false sense of color depth.

Please keep in mind, the color night vision feature is not for battery-powered Video Doorbells at this time. The above article, however, has a great section for troubleshooting night vision on all Video Doorbell models. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: