Night vision is black. No night vision

Bought a couple new battery outdoor cameras and the view at night is completely black. My 2 year old cameras seem to have night vision and are awesome. These new Pro cameras suck at night. Is this fixable or should I return them?

1 Like

Hi @user26497. Do you have any ambient light in view of the cam? If so, this could be conflicting with the cameras ability to detect darkness and cause the IR lights to not activate. Try moving the cam to a completely dark room and see if the night vision quality improves. If you’ve tried this to no avail, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

We have a similar problem that started happening just a few days ago. Our cameras are set up on our roof and are pointing outward so there’s no obstructing walls or anything. The night vision used to work, but yesterday all I see on the 5 min snapshots are near pitch black with only little bits of grey sky where the treeline ends. Is something wrong with our devices? How did you resolve it?

Hi neighbors. With night vision concerns, always check for any other light sources in your Camera’s view, as these could prevent the night vision from turning on. If that’s all clear, perform a quick reboot of your Camera using the reboot option on the Device Health page. This should take a few minutes. After that, monitor the performance of your Camera and test if the night vision comes in in a dark room.

If it doesn’t, the next step would be to complete a full reset by holding down the setup button on the Camera for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, walk your Camera through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Test the night vision in a dark room to see if it’s working properly. Should the issue persist, please follow up with our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.