Night vision has changed from brighter to worse in two days

I’ve Ring Pro:

Attached images were taken two days apart. The brighter image was changed to dull image two days later and that’s lot worse. Any idea if it can be restored? Thanks!

1 Like

What’s wrong with the image?

Hi @user23360. I only see one image, so the second image you tried to attach may not have been posted. If you are experiencing concerns with the night vision, it’s likely because of the brick on the right side of your Doorbell, where you can see the light reflecting off of it back onto your Doorbell’s view. This can cause the night vision to not function correctly due to the light reflecting directly back onto the Doorbell.

You can try using a Corner Kit to adjust the viewing angle of your Doorbell from 15°, 30° and 45°. This will reduce the likelihood of the light reflecting off the brick and impacting the night vision. You can find the Corner Kit for the Doorbell Pro here and for the Doorbell Pro 2 here. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring thanks for your response and tip! However, I’ve attached another image from 2 days ago. You can see the clear difference. This image is true to reality and earlier image was most recent from yesterday. Ring community wouldn’t let me upload more than one image so…Again thanks for your feedback.

Hi @user8749 ive uploaded another image, now you can compare the difference. Nothing has changed, same amount of light, same camera position, just 2 days apart and video quality became poor. Let me know your thoughts. Thx!

Hi @user23360. I’m happy to chime in here. You can also try rebooting the Pro from the Ring app to see if it helps. Also try turning off Color Night Vision for your Pro, or if it is off, turn it on to see if that changes anything. This Help Center article here will guide you through disabling/enabling Color Night Vision, and it also includes other steps to try when it is not working as it should. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This matches my experience and as it happens it occurred at the same time. Shame there’s been nothing but condescending answers but if you indeed managed to get an answer please share. My guess is they downgraded bitrates of the video to save on server capacity. Great timing when they put the price up at the same time.

My cameras are useless now since they changed it.

i suffer this also with doorbell 3 and floodlight pros just recently

bad firmware update?
please push out a fix asap