Night time recording

My ring recorded at night great up until about a week ago. Not it is not. Checked settings and still not working anyone else having this issue

Hey @Tmcott. Happy to help here! What device is this happening on? Could you show me a recording from a week ago in comparison to what it looks like now?

1 Like

I went into my setting and really looked at everything made some adjustments and it seems to be working now. Thanks

2 Likes

I spent half hour on my phone with ring rec two weeks ago. We changed a bunch of settings, and it seemed to work at night, and now it’s not working again. My neighbor asked if we had a recording of this guy walking door to door at 2:00 am. So I checked. I had no recordings after 8:00 pm. This is ridiculous. I just paid my $110 annual fee! For what?

Hi @user16593. Have you tested your Ring Doorbell or Security Camera at night by triggering a test event? Which model of Ring Doorbell or Security Camera do you have? It often takes some trial and error with the settings to find a combination that works best, as everyone’s home environment and preferences differ. As @SolarEclipse suggested, the person you are referring to may not have walked up to your door and did not trigger a motion event.

I have a wired model and also have this problem, it just doesn’t record from 8pm (or around that) to 7am next morning. Support has no idea how to help, that’s my impression. Asked me to change modes which also didn’t help. Now asked me to turn off advanced motion detection, which I find absurd as I don’t want to be notified by falling leaves and animals walking by. Please help

Hi @Devizes. If the motion detection for your Camera is not working correctly during the night, try the following steps:

As mentioned in the previous comments, verify that you are testing your Motion Detection yourself during the night to see if your Camera detects you. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Since we can only provide basic troubleshooting steps here in the Community, our support team will be able to take a more in-depth look into your concern or have you escalated to our more advanced support team.