New user trying to share access with another

Did add user and sent invite to other phone. Other phone has app and user account installed. Now what? I’m lost and need help.

Me too, which is why I’m here… In a chat with users instead of tech support.

I am trying to add a shared user but the system keeps coming back with the message "Enter a vaild email address, however the address I am entering is a vaild email address

Hey neighbors! Once you add a shared user, if they already have a Ring account with the email address you shared them on, they should then have the app update with a new location that will say your location’s name (Shared). You can have them navigate to this location by going into the Ring app > Main Menu > and tapping on the location name above Dashboard. If they do not see the location there, have them check their email to see if they need to accept this invite.

If you have any troubles adding a shared user or with them seeing the location, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.