New Stick Up Cam Problems

Brand new Stcik Up Cam - unboxed and went through setup etc perfectly fine.

Camera stated it needed a firmware update and began to update.

Its been updating for the past few hours!

When I enter the app, the firmware states it is up to date. I am able to complete all other setup options, modes, and so on - and the unit health is all reporting fine - no issues at all.

However, I cannot get any live view (just sits on "activating device’) and the camera itself has the firmware update flashing sequence stlill happening as though it stsill updating, when teh app reports teh firmware is up to date already?! (2 flashes and then one, 2 flashes and then on, and so on).

I have tried a factory reset and set the entire camera again.

I have tried pulling the battery for 10 mins too.

Still get the same.

Do I have faulty unit??

Hi @IftiBashir. Your Stick Up Cam should not be taking this long to update. If you’ve already tried resetting the Camera and setting it up multiple times, our support team may have to investigate this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.