We are new Ring customers this month, and are experiencing trouble getting our Ring Stick Up Camera Battery to complete the setup process. It will not connect to our home Wi-Fi. “Setup did not complete. Check your Wi-Fi password and try again.”
Some things we have checked:
- We are attempting to connect the camera to the same Wi-Fi network that our Ring base unit is connected to (also connected via Wi-Fi, and is currently further from our router).
- Our Wi-Fi router is broadcasting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals.
- SSIDs only contain alphanumeric characters, no spaces or special characters, and is only 10 characters long.
- Our password only contains alphanumeric characters, no spaces or special characters. It is 16 characters, which is the minimum allowed by our cable modem / router box (!).
- We reset the camera by holding the button down for 10+ seconds until it restarted.
- Tried 2 different cell phones to complete the setup process.
- Our 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks normally use the same SSID and password. Tried switching 5GHz to a different SSID name (just adding “5G” to the SSID, so still no special characters) and a different password.
- Power-cycled the modem/router.
- Moved close to the modem/router, as close as 3 feet, as far away as 2 rooms away.
- Verified the Wi-Fi connection and password work for the Ring base unit, just in the next room over.
- Tried the setup dozens of times.
- Fully charged the battery.
What am I doing wrong here? Did I get a defective camera?