New Ring wired floodlight camera won't go into setup mode

I bought a new Ring Floodlight and installed it without much trouble. I got it set up just fine but noticed on the Ring App that the connection to my wifi was poor. So, the suggestion was to move the Wifi router closer and once I did that the floodlight became disconnected and wouldn’t connect again. I couldn’t get the floodlight back into setup mode so I ended up removing the device from my ring account figuring I would add the device from scratch. However, I still can’t get the device to get into setup mode. The floodlights are on but the bottom light does not blink. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting including pushing the button on top quickly, holding it for 20 seconds, holding it for 30 seconds. I’m at a loss of how to get the device back into setup mode. I even powered it off completely by cutting power to it. when I kick the power back on the bottom light flashes green for a second but still can’t get it to enter setup mode.

Any ideas of how to get it to go back into setup mode?

1 Like

Sounds like you have a defective unit. I would return it and get another one.

2 Likes

I am having the same exact problem

1 Like

Hey neighbors! In the event that your Floodlight Camera is not going into setup mode, you’ll want to make sure you try to reset it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. If that is not successful, try to power cycle the device completely by disconnecting it from power for a few minutes and then reconnecting it.

If you’ve given these steps a try and the Floodlight Cam is still not going into setup mode for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I am having the exact same issue.

1 Like

Same problem. Going into trash. Will use regular floodlight.

I had the same issue with the new device. Went into chat with customer service and they sent me the new device which worked perfectly

1 Like

I had the exact same problem. Called support they sent a new one. The new one has the exact same problem. I’ve installed four ring cameras and two chimes at my old house without issue. Installed two chimes and a doorbell at the new house with no issues.

The floodlight gets power because it’s on all the time. This is frustrating enough to make me want to abandon the ring system

I have the same issue. Did they make you return the defective camera prior to sending you the new one or do they automatically ship the new one and allow you to return the defective one later? I am hoping to get a functional camera prior to my vacation that is coming up so I can feel more at ease while away.

1 Like

Hey @SCobb88. Great question. After you’ve troubleshot your issue with a support agent over the phone and a replacement has been authorized, you’ll be shipped a replacement device with a prepaid shipping label inside. You simply take the replacement device out, and put your old device in and send it back.

If you need to speak to a support agent, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Same thing happens when I lose power. Last time I got it to work by leaving power off awhile

1 Like

I bought a brand new Ring floodlight camera from target. Upon paying someone to install it, it wont go into setup mode. Ring customer service tried mundane troubleshooting steps but did not help with replacement as it is still in return window. They asked to return to Target. Target asks to return the device first and then expect a replacement. So now I am out of installation cost and again have to take the whole thing down, leave the junction box open until I get a replacement back? Thinking of going with another floodlight camera instead. Looks like Ring quality has gone downhill.

1 Like

I got a “new” refurb model right out of the box to replace my existing device (floods lights starting failing) and am having this same issue.
I set up 2 of these in the past no issues. Quality has obviously gone down the tubes for this company.
Finding someone to talk to seems like an impossible challenge anyone have a number to call?

What garbage.

1 Like

Garbage floodlight camera. Stay away from Ring.
Customer support tried to help and all they have is my unit is defective after multiple reset attempts.

The camera fails to connect to Chime Pro let alone Wi-Fi. Both are literally within 10ft away from the floodlight camera.

I paid for installation and now stuck with a junk no t working device hanging on my bedroom vinyl siding. Their quality is down. If you own any stock good time to dump it all before it goes down the drain.

Btw this is the update in Dec 2022.

Hey neighbors. If your Floodlight Camera is not going into setup mode, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Ensure your Floodlight Cam is receiving sufficient power by checking the wiring. You can find the installation steps here. If you’re uncomfortable working with high voltage wiring, please consult a qualified electrician.
  • Reset the Floodlight Cam by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, you should be able to follow the steps under Set Up a Device in the Ring app to get your Floodlight Cam up and running.
  • If you’re able to get your Floodlight Cam into setup mode but run into any issues during the setup process, you can find troubleshooting steps here.

Should this concern persist and you’re unable to successfully set up your Floodlight Cam in the Ring app, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have the same issue. I have had three replacements units. The devices all enter set up mode for about half a second and if you are very quick you can get them connected. But it takes a number of attempts and it looses connection after a while. Tried pushing the reset button. Tired pushing the reset button for 20 seconds, tired turning the device off for 5 minutes, tried spinning on my head sticking pins in the ring support voodoo doll.

This is clearly a design fault with the transformer inside the device which for some reason is cutting off the power. Please accept this as a invoice for my consulting services I have spent 5 days on this at my rate that is £3500.

I have the same issue. I just got a brand new floodlight cam that won’t go into set up mode. All of my old ring devices work fine. The new one worked for a week and then went offline. It won’t go into set up mode. This is so frustrating.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.