I received my video doorbell 5 days ago.
- Fully charged the battery.
- Connected the wires from my existing doorbell to the device.
- Ran device setup through the Ring app.
- Connected successfully to 2.4 wireless network. (the router is about 15 feet away from doorbell)
- Battery shows full charge wired power in app, device works as expected for remainder of the day.
- Signal Strength in app shows RSSI - 45
When I wake up the next day, the doorbell is offline and there are two options to select, either troubleshoot wifi connection or update the password if it has changed.
- The password hasn’t changed, so I move the doorbell right next to my router.
- Still doesn’t connect, so I follow the wifi connection troubleshooting by restarting my router.
- Doorbell still does not connect, so I hold the orange button to do a factory reset.
- I remove the doorbell in the app and repeat the entire first-time setup again and the doorbell is connected again.
I’ve had to repeat this process once or twice a day since getting the doorbell.
I’ve tried leaving the doorbell unwired and only on battery and got the same problem.
I’ve tried leaving the doorbell directly next to my router and got the same problem.
I have other smart devices connected to my 2.4 wifi network with no issue.
I work from home and have had no internet or network disruptions in the last week.
I’m wondering if there is anything else I should try? I don’t want to sit on a support call to only be asked to try the same things and wondering if I should just return the device.