New Ring Spotlight Cam Pro (Wired) Release date?

Does anybody know, when exactly the new (Wired) version will be released, all other versions are already on the website and ready to order. Don’t understand how hard it was to release the wired version at the same time. Batteries sucks and you constantly need to watch for it, the solar is fine, the gutter holder looks like good solution but if you think about it, your camera will be exposed 100% to rain, snow and wind. Where wired version, you typically install under the garage soffit which gives you additional protection from rain.

Plug-in
Battery
Solar

3 Likes

I’m waiting for the Wired version as well. Is there an ETA? I want to buy a floodlight as well but will have both installed at the same time so they will be purchased together. Please give us an idea of when we can expect this product to be available

1 Like

Hi neighbors. There is not a confirmed date as of yet. Be sure to sign up for in-stock notifications here.

I’m now worried that Ring screwed something up on us again. My house’s outdoor cams are all wired and ready with a standard horizontal J-Box and the “Mount” style connections. All ready for the new Spotlight Cam Pro Wired in the next spot but all the pictures show the stupidly oversized massive round JBox. So, I’m hoping they’re just missing the photo updates or else I’m totally screwed. Also, I’d love to know I can just using the pin-collar connection to swap the last generation for the new generation and not mess with the box on the other ones if I choose to upgrade. Would make total sense. Also would make sense if we can leverage older connection kits for newer stuff for flexibility. @Tom_Ring, can you please put minds at ease on this aspect myself and probably a dozen-plus friends are all worried about?

I would hope the new hard wire kit is similar to current where they offer 2 different box type mounts but just not showing in the pic. I am thinking the new hard wire kit option may be different connection type and the new pro cams wont be compatible with old as the new pro cams have usb-c connectors vs older barrel style.

Hi @ChrisJ_Ring. As of now, I don’t have any information about this. When more information comes available, I’ll be sure to share it here.

Ring needs to address availability of the Wired Spotlight Cam Pro. It is simply irresponsible to leave this as an open question. If you need a professional PR firm reference, just ask.

2 Likes

Yes, agreed @Fallsgrove. Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals are about to now evaporate since we’re not able to buy vapor. And, yes, I’m still hoping to have clarity from @Tom_Ring that the single gang rectangular hole in the side of my house would work with the Wired Spotlight Cam Pro but apparently nothing there. Makes no sense they’d have to change the current secure pin/barrel connector for any wired devices. The transformer is in the device and you’re just passing neutral/hot/ground and the optional switched. No need to reinvent the wheel by using anything else when it’s been a bulletproof connector. And, if that’s true, then we should be able to leverage all the mounting hardware of the last gen with the new device and all will be well, but I’m not even able to get on a waiting list without that knowledge :frowning:

1 Like

It’s strange for Ring to NOT provide ETA information. If it’s Jan '23, say so. A reason would also be nice. Why the complete silence. I wanted to purchase Black Friday but as you @ChrisJ_Ring mention total information silence. This is not reasonable customer service or communications. Why on earth would you leave the door open to what seems like intentionally trying to tick off customers and purchase products from other vendors?

1 Like

Does anyone know if the new Spotlight Pro will have a ground wire on the hardwire kit? The older version only has black / white and the soffit outlet I have has a ground wire but, nothing to connect to on the camera. Thx.

I’m eagerly waiting for this product to drop as well… If no info is provided soon, I’ll most likely be purchasing something else. Can we PLEASE get some info on the (approximate) release date?

1 Like

Ring – I’m also eagerly waiting for the release of the wired version. I do have a question. Can I purchase the Spotlight Cam Pro Battery right now… and then convert it to a hardwired version later by purchasing a hardwire kit? I know there was a hardwire kit for the Spotlight Cam Wired… so what I am asking is that will there be a separate SKU for something similar – a hardwire kit for the Spotlight Cam Pro? And if so, which versions would it be compatible with (Spotlight Cam Pro Battery, Plug-in, or both)?

Hi @socal2.The hardwired kit is not compatible with the Spotlight Cam Pro Battery, and as of now we do not have information about one being made specifically for it.

Also waiting for these… It’s been a while now

Seriously, how can there be no projected availability date… it‘s been 3 months!

1 Like

Is there really no update on this !?!?!?!

Hello, it has been several weeks since the last update. I would like to stick with Ring for my smart security solutions, but I’m only open to a hardwired connection because I don’t want to have to climb a ladder to change out my batteries. Justin can we please get another update?

Hi neighbors. As mentioned previously in this thread, there is no new information on the release date for a Spotlight Cam Pro Wired. At this time, you can visit the product page and sign up for alerts on when this product will be available. Until that time, we will have no new information to share. I’ll be marking this post as a solution so other neighbors can easily find this information.

2 Likes

Ring: Why NOT be TRANSPARENT with customers? This has gone on long enough. It’s terrible customer service to remain silent. Just tell us the TRUTH and let us make whatever decisions we are going to make.

Sorry Tom_Ring, this has not been SOLVED. RING has NOT addressed this and continues to leave its customers in the dark. Surprised that social media and reviewers haven’t started to discuss this lack of transparency more widely. Makes me wish I chose another product for my doorbell. Customers deserve to be treated with respect not ignored.