New Ring Security System user

When I disarm the security system it turns off the camera on my doorbell. That defeats the purpose of the doorbell camera. Help?

Hi there, @Shopmom! It is possible that your Video Doorbell is included in a Modes configuration, for not only your Alarm, but also your Doorbells / Cameras. In your Ring app, please open the menu and select Settings. Next, select Modes and check the Disarmed mode for which devices are included. Toggling your Doorbell to not be included will help here.

Feel free to explore the modes feature to see if other options fit better. Here’s our help center article on modes for tips and tricks. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you. I know have the camera on my doorbell when alarm is disabled but I’m not getting motion alerts. Is there a setting I’m missing for this.

I’ve already done that. But I still do not get any alerts on my phone. The doorbell does not chime, there is no audio alerts to me at all. The doorbell worked fine until I installed the Ring alarm. I do want to say that the information included is very vague and incomplete. I have spend a large amount of time to get answers to my questions. I tried chat and they told me to call. I called and got a person that I could not understand because they barely spoke Engle. I love the product but you need way better instructions and customer service.

Hi @Shopmom. To build upon what Marley has said here, it definitely sounds like the Modes for Cameras is a factor here. As a test, I would try disabling the Modes for Cameras to see if that will allow your notifications come through. Mode settings can be found in the Settings Menu.

• Open the Ring app.
  • Tap the three-lined icon in the upper-right corner to open the side menu.
  • Tap Settings.
  • On the Modes page you will see Mode Settings.
  • The Disable Modes function is below Shared User Access.
    • You may have to scroll up to see the Disable Modes setting.
  • Tap the red Disable Modes button on the bottom of the screen.