New Ring Pro will not enter setup mode.

I’ve just moved into a new build home and the entire neighborhood comes with a new ring pro. Mine will not enter setup mode. Just stays flashing white ring. I’ve tried the factory reset numerous times no luck. I don’t think it’s the power issue because the house is a new build. Please help!

Hi @TStarr2. I would try to disconnect the Ring Pro from power for 3 minutes, then reconnect it to power. Allow the doorbell 1 minute to reboot and you should be able to enter setup mode. Let me know if this works!

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delay. No shutting off the power and turning it back on did not fix it. It just stays on the flashing white ring and will not connect to the “ring” network.

@TStarr2 Thanks for letting us know how that worked for you. Since you’ve also tried to reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds to no avail, it may be best to follow up with our support team on this matter. They’ll be able to pull up your account and device and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps in order to get to the bottom of this. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hello again,

A few weeks ago I spent some time troubleshooting my Ring Pro. It is stuck in “Update Software” mode. Constant solid white flashing around the button. The tech sent me a power pack only for me to discover there is already one installed! I think the issue may be the wiring I have attached a picture here at the transformer. Please let me know if something doesn’t look right. Thank you!

Respectfully,

Thomas Starr

Thanks for this image example, @TStarr2! That Pro Power Kit certainly looks to be properly installed. Indeed I can also see something that stands out with the wiring. The color of this wiring is usually an indication of spliced thinner gauge wire or cat5 being used. Of course, that is just my observation, and it could be normal wire.

Just to be sure of the wiring, check out our Hardwiring Checklist for the Doorbell Pro, including tips on wire gauge, chime compatibility, and more! Feel free to let us know how this goes. :slight_smile:

Hello Marley,

I have had the builder of my house come out and troubleshoot. They have said the ring pro is faulty and needs to be replaced. I have attached the email which outlines what they did and their suggestion of Ring replacement.

1 Like

Hi there, @TStarr2. Excellent work covering all troubleshooting bases here. You’ll notice I edited your post as it contained personal information, and at Ring, we care about both your security and privacy. Please keep in mind, the Ring Community is a public neighbor to neighbor forum.

With that being said, if power variables have been confirmed as sufficient, the next best step will be to reach out to our support team. You can also reference your builder notes best with them! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.