Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
R
New Ring Cam missed events
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
motion-settings

My new ring camera missed an event and had delayed recording. What is the cause of this? yesterday there was Delay recording of a person walking in front of the cam, but you can clearly see there is missing footage from the beginning of the video. Secondly, tonight it missed an event altogether, and we know for sure there was activity in the hallway in front of the camera. what is the cause? My account was not disabled and as far as I know it was functioning. Now one new thing that happened today is that we set up a new television with Alexa and asked to view the front door for a few minutes. Then, We exited out of the window and watching television I wonder if, the front door on the television calls some type of disconnect. Feedback about your experience would be helpful.

19-03-2024 05:00:33

Responses (4)

C

Hi @RedQueen2424. Ring Doorbells and Security Cameras will record when motion is detected, someone rings the doorbell, or Live View is activated. Motion detection concerns can typically be resolved by adjusting the settings. Expand your Motion Zones and increase the Motion Sensitivity if needed. Ring Protect plan subscribers will also have access to Smart Alerts to further refine their motion alerts.

Lastly, a good internet connection is necessary for optimal performance. We have more information on wifi signal here. Improving the signal should reduce delays in notification and motion detection. For further assistance, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

20-03-2024 07:12:00

D

Not to hijack your post but I’m having the same problem with the Battery Doorbell Pro. I recently swapped the Doorbell Plus for the Pro and as I sit in my vehicle I’m watching people walk by and the camera is not recording. Also when a group of people passed by the camera ,it only recorded their backs as they went by. I have it set to frequently and sometimes motion doesn’t pick back up after recording 1 event

24-03-2024 11:33:57

D

I was told to turn off smart alerts but then I will lose package detection which is one the main reason I have it enabled. I get a lot of deliveries and the drivers don’t always ring or knock

24-03-2024 11:48:54

C

Hi @Dnell410. Various factors will affect motion detection, including the settings, environment, and wifi connection. First verify that you have the latest version of the Ring app installed, then check that your Battery Doorbell Pro has a good wifi connection. After verifying those things, review your Motion Zones and Motion Sensitivity and make adjustments as needed. If these issues persist, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

26-03-2024 10:37:38

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User