New Ring Alarm - arming options

I’m in the process of switching to Ring alarm. My current system allows me to do the following.

Away - all sensors and doors are armed with entry delay

Stay - only doors are armed and there is no entry delay

Max - all sensors and doors are armed and there is no entry

We use away when leaving the house, stay in the evening or late at night, and max when everyone is in bed. Is there a way to create or make modes work with current setup?

Hi @cdh0127. The Ring Alarm system is very similar. We’ve given the user the option to decide what sensors are active in what Mode. This Help Center article here goes over some of the default settings for the Ring Alarm Modes. I love the customization and being able to chose how my Ring Alarm system works for me!

Yes, I’ve looked at this post however this doesn’t answer my question. With the current setup of Home and Away that is only 2 ways to arm the system. Was looking for a 3rd as posted in my orginal post.

Was also thinking if maybe there was a schedule option like with the Ring Doorbell camera for zones that would allow me to use Home with all sensors and motions say from 12a - 7a while having the option to disable motion from say 8p - 12a.

@cdh0127 wrote:

Yes, I’ve looked at this post however this doesn’t answer my question. With the current setup of Home and Away that is only 2 ways to arm the system. Was looking for a 3rd as posted in my orginal post.

Was also thinking if maybe there was a schedule option like with the Ring Doorbell camera for zones that would allow me to use Home with all sensors and motions say from 12a - 7a while having the option to disable motion from say 8p - 12a.

Unfortunately not an option. There are some cons to consider when switching from a traditional alarm system.

@cdh0127 wrote:

Yes, I’ve looked at this post however this doesn’t answer my question. With the current setup of Home and Away that is only 2 ways to arm the system. Was looking for a 3rd as posted in my original post.

Hello @cdh0127 ,

You aren’t alone with wanting more than just 2 Alarm Armed Modes! Although there are several regular forum posts already (like here in the Ring Alarm forum) about an additional Arm Mode (more than just the current 2 armed of “Home” and “Away”), the Feature Request Board forum is where Ring Team look to see what people might want. And the more “Thumbs Up” Kudo votes they see there will better get their attention, thus increasing the chances of them providing that request. You should add your Kudo vote, if you like the requesting author’s idea (add you “Thumbs Up” Kudo vote on the left side of the author’s starting post), to help get the attention of the Ring Teams on the links below (these are similar requests for an additional mode , and I’ve probably missed quite a few others):

Submitted by TheAmazingDento :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Additional-mode-s-please/idi-p/41984

Submitted by Riveter :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Ring-needs-a-NEW-mode-badly/idi-p/24168

Submitted by Fredman701 :

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Modes/idi-p/28074

With an additional Arm mode, then you could pre-toggle to enable the alarm sensors and set Entry/Exit Delays, to achieve the results you desired in your first original post.

I hope you find this information helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like