New phone and unable to access device

hey everyone
i just had to buy a new iphone because the old one completely died . when i downloaded the ring app and tried to add my doorbell it says im not the owner and to ask the owner to allow me access or to remove the device … thing is im the owner

Hi @13lade12unner. You do not need to set the Doorbell up again if you’re just signing into your Ring account on a new device. Make sure that you’re signing in with the same email address and password that you used originally, as you’ll want to sign in to the same account in order to access your Doorbell. If you don’t remember your password, you can follow the steps outlined here in order to reset it. I hope that helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

I have a similar problem on my Galaxy S20. I copied everything off my old Galaxy S7 using Smart Switch but can no longer get video. Even the S7 won’t access the doorbell anymore either. What do I do? My sons iphone 8 can access the doorbell video so I know it isn’t a doorbell or network issue. Is there a factory reset so I can start over?

Hi @TheEEL. Are you signed into the same Ring account that you set your devices up under? Do you see the Doorbell listed in your Ring App but you’re unable to access the Live View? Feel free to share a screenshot of what you’re seeing in the Ring App as that may help other members of the Community see what you’re seeing on your end. :slight_smile: