New install not working after update

I just installed my new front floodlight camera. It worked perfectly right after installing it until it did it’s update. Now, it won’t connect to the Chime Pro network, it won’t reset and allow me to switch to wifi, and it won’t hard reset.

It is running the lights nonstop now. Any suggestions?

T. Scott

Hi @TScott. Have you tried fully resetting it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds? If that’s not working, try to power cycle the Floodlight Cam by disconnecting it from power for about a minute and then reconnecting it to power. You’ll want to set it back up in the Ring App after this by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If it’s still not responding after trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look at your device and account to figure out what’s going on. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what solution our support team recommends, as it may help other neighbors with similar concerns! :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlin,

Thank you! I called tech support and they helped me out. We went through all the steps together and it was still unresponsive, so they are sending a replacement out.

One weird thing that was happening is I couldn’t get the sensor to flash, but when power was cut to it, it would flash green once. Same thing when power was returned.

I should have the new one in a few days, thank you!

T. Scott

1 Like