New hardwired spotlight camera not keeping light on during dusk till dawn schedule

I have an old ring spotlight camera on the front of my house that I set a schedule to keep lights on from dusk till dawn, which works well.

A week ago, I installed a new ring spotlight camera on the side of my house and set the same dusk till dawn light schedule. But the lights are only activated by motion, then remain on for 1-2 minutes before shutting off again. And even though the motion zone doesn’t go out into the road, every time a car drives by, my side light comes on and it’s very annoying.

I’ve tried deleting the dusk till dawn, 7 day a week schedule in the app, closing the app, then reopening and setting up the schedule again, but it still only comes on with motion.

Please advise.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with the camera at the front of my house.
Won’t stay on all night no matter how I program it- either by specific times or by dusk to dawn.
It shuts off after 5 mins or so every time I turn it on in the app.
I have a second light on the side of the house that DOES stay on just fine as programmed.
What’s even more annoying… when I turn them on manually after it is dark, they STILL don’t stay on and turn themselves off again after a few minutes!

Hi @LlazarusLlong. What model of Camera do you have? You should be able to find the model of it by going to the Device Health of your Camera. This will help me look for the correct information regarding your concern, as some Cameras have different abilities than others.