New Floodlight Cam Install wont connect to WiFi

I recently purchased the Ring Floodlight Cam to install on my back patio. Install went fine and the power to the lights and cam works. I walk through the setup process like anything else. The app does have some issues connecting my phone app to the new ring product, but I do get through that process eventually. My issue is the final step of connecting the new cam to my home WiFi. When I try to connect, it says didn’t complete, maybe router too far from cam to connect. So I moved the router to within 3ft of the cam, same issue (every setup the wireless showed full strength). I tried resetting the router, cycle the power, everything the troubleshooting guide instructed to do, same issue. Every time. This issue is different from others I’ve been reading as this is the initial setup and it has never connected to the internet.

Hi @redwingsrox5. It sounds like you’ve done most of the troubleshooting that I typically recommend. I would suggest doing them in this order- Reboot your router, power cycle the Floodlight Cam for 5 minutes, then press and hold the setup for 20 seconds and then try connecting your device to a wifi hotspot via an extra phone or tablet. If this connects successfully, allow the Floodlight Cam to update. Once that is complete, you can then change your wifi network following these steps here.

If this doesn’t resolve this concern for you, I would suggest reaching out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.