Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
A
New doorbell, intermittent ringing
battery-video-doorbell
Hi all, New ring user here, just set up a Ring 2nd generation doorbell and connected it to my Plusnet router no problems. Issue is when I hit the ring button on the device, 95% of the time absolutely nothing happens, no blue light no chime. The couple of occasions it's rang, my phone pops up the notifications fine. I've tried this next to my router and it's no different. Battery is 72% and video streams fine from what I've seen, it just doesn't actually ring, which concerns me? Any advice ? Thanks

16-01-2021 10:15:07

Responses (1)

T
Hi @Adam_Davies. What is the RSSI of this device? This can be found in the Ring app, under the Device Health tile. A poor [RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) could result in intermittent activity. I would also make sure that the volume on the device is turned up. This can be found in the Device Settings > General Settings. I hope this information helps!

20-01-2021 06:03:21

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User