New contact sensor - battery dead?

Just installed a brand new contact sensor fresh from the box. The batteries are alaready show the low battery warning. Is this normal??

Hi @Nash325. It’s not common for batteries to be dead on arrival, but it is possible. Have you reset the Contact Sensor and set it back up in the Ring App yet? If not, I would definitely recommend trying these troubleshooting steps just to make sure it’s all set up properly and displaying the correct battery percentage before replacing the battery. You can find steps on how to factory reset your Ring Alarm devices in our Help Center Article here. Let me know how that works for you! :slight_smile:

I tried everything I could to try and make the contact sensor Gen 2 work, but I keep getting alerts from everywhere including Amazon, that the batteries are dead and need to be replaced. Since this is a new device, should Ring send replacement 2032 batteries (2)?

Hi @Boomarang. I’d suggest trying the troubleshooting steps previously recommended in this thread, as well as trying a different battery. If the Contact Sensor still says that the battery is dead, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.