New battery running down in a week

I have a very new (Christmas present this year) Video Doorbell 2. Battery was fine from the first charge (January till June) but now it is running flat in a week from a full charge. Any ideas?

Hey @CommuniG8. What is the activity like on your Doorbell? If you go into the Event History and have more than 10 events a day, this could be why the battery is draining so fast. If you’re having less than 10 events a day (motion, dings, live view), then please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Yes just over 10 a day 11-12.

But really, whould that level of activity pull the battery life from 3 months to 3 days??

@CommuniG8 Thanks for getting back to me! If you’re indeed only getting about 11 events a day, then you shouldn’t see it draining it in three days like it has. You should most definitely follow up with our support team here on this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

OK but I have a new battery arriving today so I can see if the problem is the battery or the Camera.

1 Like

Keep us posted, @CommuniG8 ! We’re happy to help either way :slight_smile:

The new battery has fixed it. Any idea when the original battery would start going like that?

@CommuniG8 wrote:

The new battery has fixed it. Any idea when the original battery would start going like that?

Just a thought . . . have you recently enabled the “Snapshot” feature on your Video Doorbell? This could add have increased drain on the battery, more if set to a short-interval. Snapshots do not show up listed in the “Event History” (but can seen & viewed on the TimeLine scroll bar).