Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
U
Neighbors does not update home location for a shared location
app-settings
troubleshooting
locations
My wife and I used to live in location A. I don't remember who "owned" the devices in the Ring app but the Neighbors tab showed us crime updates for location A correctly. Then we moved to location B. We removed A from our accounts, my wife took ownership of devices at B, and added me as a "Shared User" at location B. However, if I go to the Neighbors tab to check for recent crimes in my area, it still seems to think I am at A. It shows the house icon at A. Interestingly, for my wife, Neighbors shows the house icon at B as expected. How do I change my house address for the Neighbors tab for a SHARED location which was shared with me (i.e. I do not own devices in the app)? Since I live at B now, I would really like to get crime updates for B and not A.

12-07-2022 07:24:48

Responses (4)

C
Hi @user17169. When you're navigating to the Neighbors tab in the Ring app, you should see the name of your location at the top of the app. Try tapping this location name to bring up a drop-down list that should show you the new location you're at. You can also tap the cog wheel icon in the top right to access the settings, which should also have both locations listed. You can then disable the alerts and notifications for the old location you no longer live in.

12-07-2022 03:38:06

B
Having the same issue here. I own the Ring setup at our house and share it with my wife. We moved earlier this year and I updated the location address in my account, which also updated my Neighbors location, but my wife's Neighbors tab still shows her info for our old neighborhood. Her app does not provide any options to update the address of her Neighborhood to reflect our current address.

26-08-2022 12:11:45

U
This is still currently an issue. Just updated our address in the original account, but the shared account is still showing the address as the old neighborhood

20-06-2023 08:41:30

C
Hi neighbors. If you are a [Shared User](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/211018223-Adding-a-Shared-User-to-Your-Ring-Account) and the address for the Neighbors app does not reflect your current address, have the owner of the Ring devices remove your access. They then need to ensure the address listed is correct and accurate, then have them send you a new Shared User invite. If that doesn't resolve this, please follow up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus) for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

21-06-2023 03:56:50

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

21-07-2023 03:56:53

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User