Neighbors App has wrong address

I’m starting a new post since the other post about this issue has been, incorrectly, marked as ‘Solved’. It isn’t!

I have my correct home address in my Ring App.

When I look at the address in the Neighbors App it shows a different address.

When I attempt to change the address in the Neighbors App it tells me to go change the address in the Ring App.

I do not want to change the addres in the Ring App since it is correct.

I want to change the incorrect address in the Neighbors App.

2 Likes

Why did you merge my post into this one, marked ‘solved’, when I specifically said it was not solved ?

Caitlyn_Ring (Community Manager) merged a reply in Ring App on 12-08-2020 07:03 AM:

2 Likes

Dec 2020 and having same issue… Spent a great deal of time on the phone with “tech support” to no avail. And now, reading others comments on this thread, it sounds like everyone is experiencing the same exact thing… And with no resolution, even years later. Great.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Tried all the listed solutions and nothing fixes it. The Neighbors app should be updated so we can specify an address independent of the one in our Ring app.

2 Likes

Still having the same issue. It won’t change for me or for other users I’ve allowed.

1 Like

I tried fixing it for like an hour. Could not get it to work. At least I know it’s an issue an not just me.

1 Like

Came here hoping there is an solution…sad to see this is not the case

1 Like

I tried changing to an address that I previously lived, and it passed correctly to Neighbors App. And I tried changing it back to my current address, it does not work.

My current address is relatively new, about 2 years, I think their system is not up-to-date for address mapping.

1 Like

Here is my workaround. My problem seems to be address too new (new construction) and Ring us different map data between two apps.

I found a nearby address that seems to be much older than mine and put it in the app and it sync across the apps. Its not ideal but at least the center of the Neighbors App is close to my home now.

1 Like

I see that Ring still has not provided anyone with any useful feedback regarding this problem. If the address in the Ring App is correct, but your “neighborhood” geofence is in a completely different area…chances are you live in a fairly new development or the street name you live in is incorrect in the MapBox database (the maps Ring uses for some ungodly reason). Your best bet is to click on the mapbox logo on the bottom left of your map screen (in the neighborhood app) and submit an edit request if that’s the case. In my situation it’s both, I live on xxxxx Ln, but mapbox has it as xxxxx Ct. This puts my “neighborhood” about ten miles North of where I actually live, in the middle of nowhere. Hope this helps some of you!
That little red dot at the bottom is my actual home.

image|231x500

1 Like

Pretty sad that this has been going on for well over a year now with no solution. I am having the same issue. When go to the wrong address it gives me a pop up that says To change it, open the side menu, select this location, then tap Settings, then Location. Problem is the location isn’t on the side menu anywhere. So makes it very difficult to do this. I also see no one from Ring has responded since October of 2019. Pretty sad state for them. Makes me wish I had bough one of the other options.

1 Like

First Post-Been Lurking for a year. I have the same issue. My address is correct on the alarm side, and the correct radius shows on the app, but the zip code for the safety report is not the correct zip code. As a result all the weekly safety report is useless.

I was on with tech support for over 1 hour trying to resolve this-its very annoying. I had to turn on 2 factor authentication, delete the ring app and the rapid ring app and re install. DID NOT WORK.

Hoping for a resolution soon.

2 Likes

I too have the same issue, the neighboor’s app has my address several miles away from my actual address. I have monitoring, so there is no way to updated the address.

1 Like

I just bought my first ring devices and I’m having the same issue. I’ve called support twice and used their chat twice, every time each person gives me the same incorrect instructions.

I have tried removing the devices, refreshing the app, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. My home address is correct in my ring account, but when I log into the neighbor’s app it shows my address as some random address I’ve never heard of or been to that is three and a half miles away. All the alerts and security things I get about gunshots and arrests are not actually near me.

I was speaking to an on tech technician and he said perhaps the device I bought was used, something somebody else returned, and that if that person never unlinked the device from their home address it would link to their address.

So far no resolution and no word back from support. My concern is that some other random person has access to my devices. But it’s unfortunate that I can’t actually get notifications that are relevant to my actual address on my ring account.

1 Like

I tried talking to Ring customer service a few times, but every time it was in vain. Anyone know how to correct? My current address is showing correctly in Ring, but different in Neighbor.

1 Like

I am having the same issue since I had Ring…

1 Like

I had this problem…
AND FOUND A SOLUTION TO FIX!!!

I had the correct address under my account in the Ring app, but some strange address under the neighbors section a few miles away that I never heard of or ever had any association with. I couldn’t find a way within the Ring app to fix the problem, but knew there is a specific app on the Google Play store specifically for Ring Neighbors called…“Ring Neighnors app”.

Step 1. I downloaded and installed Ring Neighbors App from Google Playstore.

Step 2. Logged in.

Step 3. Verified my correct address within the “Ring Neighbors” app.

Step 4. Closed Ring Neighbors and opened my Ring app and…VOILÀ!!!

The Ring app NOW displays my correct address in Neighbors so that my alerts are more calibrated to my exact location. After I did this…I unuinstalled the “Ring Neighbors app” as I have no real need for it…it was just a means to an end to fix this ANNOYING wrong address problem.

1 Like

I am new to Ring and is having the same issue in the Neighborhood app (wrong address). I believe its caused by Mapbox, which provide mapping to Ring. Their map is not updated therefore cannot find my location and input a wrong address.
I’ve went to their Help Link and request them to add my new address in (finger crossed)

1 Like

Same issue for over a year now. I think the neighbors app isn’t updating based upon ring address. It’s using the zip code and picking an address in the geographic center of that zip code. Try opening Google maps and typing in just the zip code to search. The randomly picked address will be near to the center. This makes the Neighbors app useless and questions my purchase of ring products at all.

2 Likes

Marley, as Ring employee and group moderator, can you please unmark your answer as the solution to this problem? The solution you provided does not fix the OP’s issue. I had this problem and tested it. It did not fix the problem.

The 77th response in this thread by “mrscaddy850” is the correct fix action that resolves this issue. Can we please mark that post accordingly as the solution to spread awareness to the community? Since it is buried down so far in the thread…it is being overlooked by a lot of users who come here looking to find a solution to this issue.

Thanks in a advance Marley!

3 Likes