Neighbors App - Address shows as "Earth"

I recently moved to a newly developed neighborhood. After a few months, my address has now started to appear on Google Maps.
I’ve updated my address on Ring app and it still cannot auto-complete.
But most importantly, the neighbors app shows my address as “Earth” and put me somewhere in the Ocean closer to ■■■■■■■ continent (I’m in Texas).

I’ve tried everything, uninstalled/re-installed neighbors, updated my address multiple times on Ring but to no avail.

With this being a newly built housing development, it may take some time for map services to auto fill or locate your exact Location. Try entering the entire address manually to see if this will allow it to save.

For Ring devices or features that absolutely require exact locations (i.e. Ring Alarm) our support team may be able to assist further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I am having the same issue. I am in North Carolina. I have entered in my location manually, and it still shows incorrectly. This is a new house. My assumption, it is due to Mapbox and OpenStreetMap, which Ring uses and they just throw you into lon lad of 0,0, which is right there in the map.

ALOT of people are having this issue. If you look at a post sent a day ago.

You can see many people saying why am I receiving this.

Ring needs to fix this.

EDIT: I’ve already contacted support and they said it’s a Ring Neighborhood issue. And to write on this community forum.

1 Like

Also try hitting the improve this map button to see if that works for you too.

I’m trying it now, we will see.

1 Like

Thanks for the continued feedback on this, neighbors! Please follow these steps to properly add your Location:

1. Ensure your Ring app is up to date.

2. Visit the Dashboard for the Location with this concern.

• From the Ring app Dashboard, tap the location name drop down to select the specific location in question.
  3. Visit the Main Menu.

4. Select Settings.

5. Select Address.

6. Tap “Edit Address”.

• If you have Professional Monitoring, you will temporarily terminate the service by tapping “Continue”; however you will be prompted to re-enable it at the end of this process.
  7. Next, you will be asked for information about the Location (i.e. type, address details, etc.).

8. Tap “Save Location”.

• If you have Ring Alarm, and previously had Professional Monitoring configured, you will be prompted to re-setup Professional Monitoring.

As mentioned prior, if you are needing further assistance, our support team is always happy to help. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

This doesn’t work for me.