Neighborhood notifications on non neighborhood country

I live in Mexico, close to USA, and I’m getting Neighborhood notifications, so I tried to shorten the radius only to find that Neighborhood app is not available in my country. I tried accessing the settings via the website but that opens Google store, and the app is unavailable in Mexico. So I’m stuck, I cannot stop notifications. Please help me reduce the radius or disable neighborhood notifications.

Hi @user17965. Does this happen when you navigate to the Neighbors tab within the Ring app itself? The Neighbors app is currently only available in the United States, so you won’t be able to download it, but I’m curious if it will allow you to edit the settings in the Ring app itself under the Neighbors tab. Please feel free to attach any screenshots to demonstrate what you’re seeing on your end as well.

Nope, I don’t have the neighborhoods app. I get notified but I can’t stop it. The Ring app doesn’t have any Neighborhood settings I can modify.

1 Like

This is the notification I see

1 Like

@user17965 Thanks for sharing those screenshots. Have you ever had any previous locations in your Ring app? Or is this the original location where you set up the Ring devices? Additionally, could you confirm what zip code you’re seeing in the Safety Reports?

Nope, first ring device ever, no previous address. I don’t get security reports (from the what I can gather those are in the notifications, but I’ve never seen that). Curiously I get the notification that neighborhood notifications are piling up I tap that one and just get the main section. Most likely I can’t access that activity (from Android app perspective).

Notifications keep piling up. They don’t disappear after opening directly through the notification (which I can see, the alert details page looks fine)

Could we create a ticket or something to track this? I have 64 notifications and not even ring.com shows neighbors options.

Hi @user17965. I’m happy to chime in here. One thing you can try is re-verifying your location in the Ring app to see if it helps stop the notifications from the Neighbors part of the Ring app. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Ring app
  • Tap the 3 blue lines on the top left.
  • Tap Settings
  • Select Address
  • Tap the Edit Addres button.
  • Start typing the address but select it from the drop down, in order for the address to be verified.
  • Tap Use This Address
  • Give the location a name and tap Save Location.

If you have tried this step and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Our support team will be able to look into your concern more in depth and provide additional assistance.