My app will not update to my new neighborhood, despite having successfully updated our address since moving last year. I am still getting neighborhood updates from our old city and really want updates to come from my actual local area. The device is shared between me and my partner and the neighborhood updated on theirs but won’t in mine despite disabling neighbors and deleting and reinstalling the app. What else can I do?
Hi @user12826. To correct the location shown in your Ring app you will need to update the address by re-entering it in settings. Follow the steps below to update the location in your app.
- Ensure your Ring app is up to date.
- App versions required: 5.49 (iOS) or 3.49 (Android) or higher.
- Open the the Main Menu in the Ring app by tapping on the three lines on the top left corner.
- Confirm the location you would like to update is selected at the top, then select Settings .
- Select Change Address.
- Tap Edit Address.
- Note: If you have Professional Monitoring as part of your Ring Alarm, you will be switched to self-monitoring. You will need to update your preference in the monitoring section in the Ring app to Professional Monitoring, this will confirm your updated address for monitoring.
- Input your address, when you begin typing it will auto populate options in a drop down that you can choose from as well.
- Confirm your address is correct on the map.
- Confirm the name you’d like for your Location.
- You are all set with an updated location!
Following through all of these steps should help you get your address fully updated and it should carry over to the Neighbors portion of the Ring app. If this doesn’t resolve your concern, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.