Need to change wifi network but there is no option for that

Upgraded my router. Need to change the doorbell pro to the new network but there is no way to do it. Device Health only shows “Reconnect to wifi”. “Change Wifi Network” is not shown. Using Android app on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. Play store says my app is up to date. I am the owner. What do I do now?

Those are the instructions I was attempting to follow. Unfortunately, “Change WIFI Network” is not shown as an option in my app. “Reconnect to wifi” doesn’t work, of course, because the password is different.

Yes, of course I tried it. Doesn’t work because the doorbell has the old password and the network has a new password. Gets “connect failed”.

I have the same problem reconnecting to WiFi after upgrading my modem and router. I used the same network name and password with the iOS App on an iPhone 13 Pro Max. From what I can tell after scouring Ring Help, the Manual and the Ring App, Ring hasn’t bothered to address this problem on either iOS, or Android apps since you posted 5 months ago. Their “solution” is hiring an electrician, which will probably cost more than the Ring Doorbell Pro itself.

Hi neighbors. If you need to change the wifi network that your Doorbell or Security Camera is connected to, you can do so under the Device Health page by selecting “Change Wi-Fi Network” or “Reconnect to Wi-Fi”. If you see a pop-up asking if you want to use the previously used wifi network, choose no to ensure that you can enter in the new credentials. You can also follow the steps under Set Up a Device to connect your device to the new wifi network.

If you’re unable to get your Ring device connected to your new wifi network, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look and provide further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’ve also upgraded my router but I do not see an option under Device Health to change wifi network, only to reconnect and I cannot reconnect at all. When I go through the prompts on the app, I DO NOT get a spinning circle on the doorbell, and the new router is in the same spot as the last modem so I don’t understand why I’m having connectivity issues. Thanks.

Hi @EricV. Are you pressing the setup button on the Doorbell? This is how you get the spinning light, indicating you are in setup mode.

Hi there, I have a similar problem in connecting my Ring doorbell to a new wifi network after changing to a new router. Apparently the correct procedure is to use ‘Devices’, select the required device, and then ‘Device Health’, and from there adjust the wifi network configuration. I can’t do that because no devices are listed, and so I don’t even get the option to select the ‘Device Health’.

Hi @user78856. Be sure that you are on the correct Location. You can learn more about Locations here. I hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.