Need some help understanding ringing the doorbell

I’ve now for a Ring Doorbell Pro 2. I’ve noticed that when I press the button, that a chime at the Pro 2 occurs and I can hear some Alexa devices also saying something about me pressing the button.

That’s all well and good, but there’s still some things I don’t understand. What I noticed is this:

• I press the Pro 2’s button
  • Then I hear it chime at the Pro 2 and the nearest Alexa/Echo devices
  • I also see a blue light spinning in a clockwise direction around the button on the Pro 2

But when I don’t understand is why can’t I press the button again? When I do, nothing happens. How long is it inoperative? 1 minute? 5 minutes? 15 minutes? 30 minutes?

Is this something I can configure? If so, how do I configure this?

For powered Doorbells (Doorbell Pro/ Elite), two rings cannot be triggered within the same event. Once the button is pressed, your Doorbell will be focused on operating the recording/ video, audio, notification, chime kit, and powering these events.

Additionally, a motion triggered with a ring (button push) following right after, will also not trigger the ring event/ chime kit right away. It may take several moments after a motion, before the Doorbell is ready to also carry out a ring event, but it is possible to receive both notifications if power and network connection is optimal.

Adjusting your video recording length can make the event default time shorter, so that you can catch more events within a time frame rather than a longer video, if desired. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: