Need access to Video Doorbell - owner immigrated!

We bought a house where a hardwired video doorbell was already installed. I have no contact information for the previous owner, they immigrated. So ring have sent the email to the person to remove the device, this was October 2023, and nothing has happened! What am i supposed to do now? How can I get access to the doorbell?

Hi @Veebaa. This Help Center article here has information on how to take ownership of a Ring device.

Hi Tom. I followed the steps on that article the back in October 2023. There has been no update from Ring since then. There is no way for me to use the doorbell at all at the moment. Surely theres a way to be given access to it if the orevious owner is not replying?! Otherwise I might aswell throw the thing in the bin :woman_facepalming:

Hi @Veebaa. I am happy to chime in. We are not able to assist with Device Ownership issues in the Community other than providing the article that was already shared. If you need further assistance with your Device Ownership issue, it is best that you give our support team a call.

1 Like