Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
M
My Wired Floodlight Cam Pro is in an inaccessible location, but I need the pin from the QR code to update the WiFi following a new router. Can I find the PIN in my account?
hardwired-security-cameras
wifi
app-settings
troubleshooting

My Wired Floodlight Cam Pro is in an inaccessible location, but the app is insisting I need the pin from under the QR code to update the WiFi credentials following installation of a new router. Can I find the PIN in my account? If not, why not? These hardwired devices aren’t easy to steal, and this level of security is not necessary just to update WiFi settings, surely?

19-01-2024 03:39:47

Responses (1)

C

Hi @MrAshleyMason. You wouldn’t be able to find the QR code or pin in the Ring app. If you’re unable to access the Floodlight Cam, another option is to change the network name and password on your new router to the same credentials as before. Your Floodlight Cam should be able to automatically reconnect to the wifi network then.

19-01-2024 10:59:47

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User