Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
T
My ring device only captured a portion of a violent encounter that occurred at my house today. Then it made a second recording at the end of the encounter. Is there any way to make the device record the entire encounter without stopping and starting?
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras

My ring device only captured a portion of a violent encounter that occurred at my house today. Then it made a second recording at the end of the encounter. Is there any way to make the device record the entire encounter without stopping and starting ?

09-01-2024 09:50:12

Responses (1)

M

@Theocraticman

Sorry to hear; that sounds awful.

Which devices? The devices I have each have a way to set recording time but max is 120 sec (2 min). Then, it would automatically stop recording and then have to be re-triggered to start recording again, which would result in separate videos with gaps in between.

For example, the recording length for My Floodlight cams (gen 1) are in Device Settings, Video Settings, Recording Length

My battery operated cameras (Video doorbell and Stickup Battery) can be adjusted the Power Settings, Video Recording Length menu. Yiu should also turn off Advanced Motiom Detection if you don’t want the possibility of the camera truncating the video before the set recording time ends because the camera thinks that the motion stopped.

In the Power Settings menu, you can adjust the settings that increase the likelihood of recording, such as increasing Motion Frequency. But the app will warn you that such actions will consume battery quickly. If there is a lot motion regularly in front of the camera, the battery will drain very quickly with long recording times and “Frequently” setting on Motion Frequency–even with solar panel. You can set everything on the maximum recording length and frequency and see how it goes. Then reduce as appropriate for your location and needs.

Hope that helps. Hopefully a moderator or someone will reply with other suggestions or for other cameras.

09-01-2024 05:35:48

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User