My Ring 3 randomly stops working.

My Ring 3 randomly stops working. Won’t detect motion and pushing the doorbell does nothing. Battery is charged and wifi signal is strong, why? One time it happened overnight and it showed that it was offline in the app, when I went to the unit it did not respond until i took the battery out and put it back in. This morning it happened again except this time the app said it was online but it would not connect to it (RSSI - 46 - strong) when I went outside to inspect it again it would not respond to the doorbell touch or motion. I had to take the battery out of it again for it to work. This is troubling and defeats the purpose of the unit.

The unit is less than 30 days old.

Hi @Stat. I would try a reset on your device, then reconnect it to wifi. You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button down for 20 seconds, then release. Allow 1 minute for your Doorbell to reboot, the reconnect to wifi. Your Doorbell will do a qucik update, then come online. This should cause your Doorbell to perform the way it was intended. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that out and report back if the issue comes back.

1 Like