My ring 1st gen. flashes left white when trying to connect to wifi 2.4ghz

my ring 1st gen. flashes left white when trying to connect to wifi 2.4ghz

wifi is fine setted up 1-11 channel

wifi ssid shows up and ring never get into it

can anybody help me?

Hey @taewon. When the left side is flashing, that means that the setup has failed on the device. This could be on the device’s side or on your network’s side. I recommend resetting the device by holding down the setup button for 30 seconds and then trying to set it up again. If you continue to have issues, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Let me know it goes!

thank you for reply

however after resetting both router and Ring doorbell, left-flashing white continues.

plz let me know what i can do else

Thank you for trying out those steps, @taewon! If possible, try out this setup using another mobile device entirely. This can rule out many factors. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device.

The setup process is intended to be quick and easy, in the sense that it should complete the Ring app setup process and be able to connect to a reasonably common network successfully. If you have any special network features or configurations, these are best to explore for solutions. Otherwise, a standard 2.4 Ghz network should work fine. Did this Video Doorbell connect to the network just fine before? If so, and if there was no network change, it should connect normally. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: