My motion isn’t working

I’ve changed every single setting and I still don’t get motion detection. Maybe it’s my device or app? I even watched videos and changed my settings to match the videos. Any tips? What’s your motion settings on?

Hi @user18845. Are you referring to a Ring Alarm Motion Detector or a Ring Video Doorbell or Security Camera? If you’re referring to a Doorbell or Camera, can you let me know which model you have? Once I have some more information on the situation, I’m happy to share some troubleshooting steps that may help.

A post was split to a new topic: Ring video doorbell motion is not working correctly

Model number 5UM5E5.
ASIN ‎B08N5NQ869

3 posts were split to a new topic: Pathlights not working

Hi @user18845. It looks like you have a Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Generation. Motion Settings do play a big factor in motion detection. This Help Center article here has additional settings to look into, in case the videos you watched did not cover all Motion Settings. You will also want to look into the placement of the Video Doorbell. If you have covered all this and you are still having the same concern give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Motion detection works for me but it depends on what it is. Every morning and night when my wife lets the dog out, it picks up fine. I get larger vehicles going by. I get NO delivery people setting off ring. This is not an accident. Today, I had a set of tires for my lawn tractor delivered. Not small. NOTHING. The topic on this has been closed or I would have commented there.
What is going on, Ring? You have to know this is happening.