My floodlight camera detects motion and you can turn the light on and off but the light does not come on by itself at night when motion is detected

Flood light does not turn on at night when motion is detected but can be turned on manually

1 Like

I wonder if you are experiencing the same behavior as I do with the spotlight battery cam. With the battery cam, if you have ANY amount of ambient light like a porchlight or other that illuminates the camera, the light will NOT turn on even if you have it set to do so at night with motion. I have told Ring multiple times I think this is a serious deficiency that should be corrected. It is unreasonable to place these cameras in a completely dark spot. #1… most folks like to have a porch light, or other, on… #2… you might not have a completely dark spot to place the cam that gives you the view you want.

Without the light turning on, we are missing out on an expected and important security function.

Any luck on this? I’m having the same issues…

Hi there, @Gorchase! The best next step will be to check for any scheduling in your Ring app. Here is our Community post about Camera Light Schedules for tips on how to use. As mentioned prior in this thread, please also ensure there is not ambient lighting or anything else interfering with the lights triggering. If you’ve checked the above factors and have confirmed the settings in your Ring app are proper, your lights should certainly be triggering with motion, if set to do so.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.