My 2nd gen won’t charge

Hi all I’ve had a ring doorbell for just over a year now and all of a sudden it’s stopped charging, won’t charge via usb I’ve brought a new usb but still the same I’ve brought a hardwired kit to charge it that way but still won’t charge any ideas at all please?? I’m stuck!!

Sounds like your battery may be kapput.
Contact Support ( Contact Us – Ring Help) for any warranty/replacement options you may have.
Baring that Ring batteries are available via the Ring website or online retailers.

I had the same problem but this repair fixed it for me
Youtube

It seems the little springs collapse and doesn’t make contact

1 Like

Hi @232397k. Thanks for sharing this informative video. We strongly advise you to not dismantle your device in any way, as it may void your warranty. You can learn more about your device’s warranty here (Warranty | Ring). Should you have any concerns with your device’s performance and you’re not able to find a solution here on the Community, please reach out to our support team before attempting to take your device apart. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.