Muting Arm and Disarm Alarm Sounds to Prevent Disturbances

Hi there,

I am writing to inquire about customizing the sound settings on my Ring Alarm system. I have been using your product for some time now and am overall very satisfied with its performance. However, I have encountered an issue that I hope you can help me resolve.

My concern is specifically about the loud sound that is emitted when I arm and disarm the alarm using the “Home and Arm” and “Disarm” functions. Unfortunately, this sound is loud enough to wake up my baby in the evening and morning. As a result, I would like to know if there is any way to mute or lower the volume of these specific sounds without affecting the other sounds produced by the system.

To clarify, I would like to keep all the other sounds at their current volume, such as the chirp when I type a code on the keypad and the “entry delay” sound. My main goal is to ensure that the arming and disarming sounds do not disturb my baby while maintaining the overall functionality of the alarm system.

If it is not possible to change these settings through the existing user interface, I would be grateful for any suggestions or workarounds you might have.

Thank you for your attention to this matter,

Hi @Ringodelaciudad. While the Siren will always play at max volume, you can change the volume for the entry/exit delays, chirps, and mode changes from the Base Station’s device page. It is adjusted by one volume bar. It cannot be adjusted separately. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add any future feature requests there. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.